From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Media API on Android
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 17:52:32 GMT
I have a feeling our changes are going to stomp all over each other.
My current stream has fixes for the following issues:

CB-1211: Media record uses a .mp3 extension when it is a .3gp file
CB-1206: file uri not handled correctly by Media Player
CB-1077: Media.getDuration fails intermittently
CB-403: Media.seekTo on first play
CB-1196: No onSuccess callback after a complete play of the local mp3 file

and

CB-1129: Streaming media requires two presses of "Plays" before beginning

seems to be working as well. I'm looking into:

CB-1048: Media.play reloads media source on every call

right now. Then I need to do some more testing and polish up my test
program before pushing any code.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Lorin Beer <lorin@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hey Simon,
>
> I've taken a look at the Media API as well. I submitted a patch addressing seekTo behaviour,
but it only fixed streaming media. I have another patch to fix both streaming and local media
seekTo.
> Generally speaking, one thing I found frustrating was a lack of explicitly defined behaviour
for the various states of a Media object. Developing a state transition diagram, then insuring
the behaviour conforms to it would be a good way to start.

> I've grabbed back a few issues which I was actively working on half complete solutions
for, and I'll submit a patch today/tomorrow, in particular CB-1129.