From Mike Reinstein <reinstein.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [All Platforms] Open url in external browser: ChildBrowser core plugin
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 23:25:08 GMT
Arguing like this isn't productive. Someone should build a proof of concept
that does this DOM walking and try it out. If it fails, let's have exact
reasons why. At least then we can start to figure out workarounds, or put
it to rest once and for all. Simply saying it works or it can't is not
going around in circles.

I would also like to add that accomplishing something is partially due to
mindset. Asking how we can accomplish a goal rather than just saying it
can't be done is IMO more effective towards reaching said goal. Let's build
a small prototype and try it! :)

-Mike

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

> Replied in other thread. Still not possible.
>
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> > eh shax, other thread pls, also rather than making assumptions on
> > understanding pls explain yourself. I know its been beat to death.
> >
> > if  we have a window.open programatic API then we can walk the DOM,
> > find elements with a target=blank and use that api to call it....so it
> > is possible.  *shrug
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I think you still don't understand how the iOS whitelist works, you
> >> have to really understand how it works - please (it is not just that
> >> handler). It IS impossible. The whitelist will reject it, no matter
> >> what happens in that handler. We are talking about URLs NOT in the
> >> whitelist.

> (discovery

> goal of

When can this