From Mike Reinstein <reinstein.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plugin tooling/specification
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 18:59:50 GMT
Hey Filip, Brian:

I think where I'd like to start is on documentation. I may be wrong about
this, but it seems like there are bits and pieces of docs in various
places, and some may be stale or irrelevant. Maybe a good start is for me
to find all these pieces, consolidate into a "master" document, and cull
out the outdated bits? As a start, here's my rephrasing of the various
links, etc that you've sent to me. Please take a look and let me know if
I've characterised the content/purpose of these various links:

*The spec for how plugins are declared is here:
https://github.com/alunny/cordova-plugin-spec

The implementation that manages plugin usage is here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-labs/tree/cordova-client
This project encompasses more than just plugins because it also handles
everything related to building, deploying, and managing cordova applications

These plugins are most popular, and should ideally work with the
cordova-client implemenation:
http://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins*
*
*
This implementation by Drew was an initial proof of concept, which only
works for blackberry and has been abandoned in favor of cordova-client,
with much of his ideas having made it into cordova-client:
https://github.com/deedubbu/cordova-blackberry-pluggable

This doc contains some info on the format of the command line interface and
directory structure of cordova-client:
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommandLineToolingDesign

This doc contains some documentation on Drew's old implementation, and is
out of date now:
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/PluginDesign

I want to emphasize that I'm just trying to get a handle on what docs are
relevant and which links contain what. I'm not judging anyone's work or
anything like that. :) If I've got the wrong idea about what these links
represent or contain, _please_ let me know.

-Mike

*
*
*