From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 07:52:59 GMT
I'm happy to champion too, if that would be acceptable to you. I don't have
the cycles to mentor, but I'd I help hey you into the incubator that will
free Jukka to focus on getting Cordova through the final steps while I
focus on helping you with your proposal.

Have a read through the resources I sent you and duo me a mail if you need
help. First objective is a draft proposal.

Ross

On Aug 2, 2012 4:59 PM, "Gord Tanner" <gord@tinyhippos.com> wrote:

> Wow!
>
> That would be amazing Jukka :)
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tuesday, July 31, 2012, Ross Gardler wrote:

> community
> > it
> mindset
> > we
> > >
> > > That's a very good start ;-)
> >

> > +1
> >
> > The broader community goal is best served by being a separate podling.
> > > The narrower Cordova goal might be better served by being a
> > > sub-project and, as Jukka said, you can always spin-out of Cordova as
> > > a TLP later.
> >

> > Or vice versa, if Ripple on its own doesn't end up attracting a community
> > beyond that of Cordova, it's also possible to "spin-in" later to a
> Cordova
> > subproject.
> >
> > Based on the discussion so far it sounds like Ripple has the makings of a
> > great Apache project also on its own, especially with co-operation and
> some
> > committer overlap with Cordova.

> who
> > > do I
> > >
> > > First off you need a Champion. Their role is to help guide you through
> > > the proposal process which is described at [1]. The role of champion
> > > is defined at [2]
> >

> > You'll also need some Apache mentors to help once you get started. I'd be
> > happy to volunteer.
> >
> > BR,
> >
> > Jukka Zitting

> nice.