From Jesse <>
Subject [DISCUSS] Console Logging and all that
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 19:49:03 GMT
I would like to clean up the numerous issues around console logging.

Some Jira issues related to console.log  [0][1][2][3]

iOS requires it's own custom js because it registers the plugin as 'Debug
Console' [4]
iOS specific js has a bunch of extra cruft for stringify'n objects passed
to it, and pretty printing.
iOS has multiple LogLevels that determine which messages actually make it

WP7, Win8Metro have what I consider to be a clean, only when required
implementation in js that we should mimic on other devices. [5]
( as a replacement/shim for non-existent console.log platforms. )

cordova-js common also has a logger plugin which has much of the same
functionality. [6]
However, it is not completely clear how dependencies are resolved between
the existence of console.log and logger.logLevel