From Brion Vibber <br...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] window.open target blank
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 23:55:44 GMT
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Jesse MacFadyen <purplecabbage@gmail.com>wrote:

> [PROPOSAL]
>
> 1. If a URL is not in the whitelist, it will be passed to the default
> system browser regardless of any other rule. ( this will be handled on
> the native side, by the framework and the JS side may not even know it
> has happened. )

If the URL *is* in the whitelist, can we send it to the default system
browser too when calling window.open?

For lots of our usage at Wikimedia, we need to whitelist Wikipedia sites in
order to do API calls via XHR (at least on iOS), but also want to be able
to open specific pages in the system browser.

2. If ChildBrowser is present, it should include code to intercept

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com / brion @ wikimedia.org)