From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code Prettifiers
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:12:28 GMT
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>wrote:

> One thing we may have to do is ask a contributor to enable the git hooks.
> AFAIK there is no way to enable shared git hooks for a project by default,
> so what we'd have is a directory called "hooks" and you'd need to create a
> symlink for it into your .git/ directory.

Another option is to do this in some sort of continuous build environment.
 Where would the "style enforcer" post it's messages though?  Open bugs?

If no one objects, then I'll pursue this today/tomorrow. My plan is to
> start with whitespace (sed or awk), get that working, and then see what
> x-platform open-source formatters exist out there.

Presumably these hooks need to be portable to *nix and Windows (where mac
== *nix).  Could we do them in node, without having to shell out to
command-line tools?  Or maybe have the hooks be js that shell out to
cmd-line tools you'd need to have installed.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org