From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [iOS] Echo Plugin
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 02:56:01 GMT
Agree that this plugin is useless outside of testing. The relevant testing
code is in mobile-spec, and the idea is that any platform that adds an echo
plugin will be able to benchmark their bridge using the mobile-spec page.
I'm also planning on adding an automated mobile-spec test that loops
through all bridge modes and ensures that they work (for all platforms that
support multiple modes).

I didn't want to add another step that would be needed in order for the
mobile-spec to work. There is already:
 - generate a project
 - link in the mobile-spec directory
 - Generate and copy in fresh JS
 - add sites to whitelist

Quite likely the command-line tools could make this easier though... Then
we could write a script to generate the mobile-spec project?

For now, I was thinking the echo plugin would exist, but not be required to
be implemented by all platforms, and that we would not document it. I don't
think there's much risk of project making use of it, so it will be easy to
move it out once things are in place.