From Lorin Beer <lo...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Media API on Android
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:17:10 GMT
> CB-1048: Media.play reloads media source on every call
CB-1048 should have been fixed by the patch referenced in the issue comments, please let me
know. I have a completed fix for CB-403 as well, but it was a fairly minor fix, just a few
lines. I'll send the pull request and you can decide if you want to use it.

I believe CB-1129 is an issue with the Mobile Spec, and not native android.

- Lorin

On 2012-08-08, at 10:52 AM, Simon MacDonald <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a feeling our changes are going to stomp all over each other.
> My current stream has fixes for the following issues:
>
> CB-1211: Media record uses a .mp3 extension when it is a .3gp file
> CB-1206: file uri not handled correctly by Media Player
> CB-1077: Media.getDuration fails intermittently
> CB-403: Media.seekTo on first play
> CB-1196: No onSuccess callback after a complete play of the local mp3 file
>
> and
>
> CB-1129: Streaming media requires two presses of "Plays" before beginning
>
> seems to be working as well. I'm looking into:
>
> CB-1048: Media.play reloads media source on every call
>
> right now. Then I need to do some more testing and polish up my test
> program before pushing any code.
>
> Simon Mac Donald
> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Lorin Beer <lorin@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Simon,
>>
>> I've taken a look at the Media API as well. I submitted a patch addressing seekTo
behaviour, but it only fixed streaming media. I have another patch to fix both streaming and
local media seekTo.
>> Generally speaking, one thing I found frustrating was a lack of explicitly defined
behaviour for the various states of a Media object. Developing a state transition diagram,
then insuring the behaviour conforms to it would be a good way to start.

>> I've grabbed back a few issues which I was actively working on half complete solutions
for, and I'll submit a patch today/tomorrow, in particular CB-1129.