From Olivier Louvignes <oliv...@mg-crea.com>
Subject Adding a new option to the W3C contactOptions item
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 22:12:59 GMT
I've needed to be able to filter the "account source" when using `navigator.contacts.find(contactFields,
contactSuccess, contactError, contactFindOptions);`.
So I created a patch a submitted a PR on github (https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-ios/pull/33).
However, Becky Gibson was reluctant to proceed with the merge as it deviated from the W3C
spec.
So I've been asked to bring this up here for further debate :

My point :

Every mobile OS as a per-account contact setup, being able to filter out some accounts (ie.
Exchange) can lead to a real boost in performance for our mobile apps (as a few thousand contacts
eat up quite a lot of memory once loaded).
Wouldn't it be cordova's role, to implement this (in a non-breaking way) & to bring this
up to the W3C as something needed that requires standardization? Browser vendors do not wait
for the W3C to freeze things.

Regards,
Olivier