From "Jonathan Bond-Caron" <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: [Android] loadUrl, input methods and making the web a thread-safe place
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:41:54 GMT
On Thu Aug 9 11:07 PM, Andrew Grieve wrote:

> Going Native->JS
> 1) Poll using 1) from above. (async)
> 2) Poll using 2) from above. (async)
> 3) Use loadUrl (breaks keyboard) (async)
> 4) Trigger an online/offline event and have JS pull in value using a
> sync
> JS->Native option (async)
> 5) Use a local server and hanging gets (async & complicated)
>
> Notes:
> -We currently use a combination of #1 and #5
> -#3 is faster and simpler but breaks keyboard focus

Out of curiosity, has anyone asked google why this is such a PITA?

iOS has: UIWebView.stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString

The native java code binding to webkit already exists:
https://github.com/android/platform_frameworks_base/blob/master/core/java/an
droid/webkit/WebViewCore.java#L1673
https://github.com/android/platform_external_webkit/blob/master/Source/WebKi
t/android/jni/WebCoreFrameBridge.cpp#L1489

Yet google 'hides' this API? Anyone know why?