From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:07:34 GMT
In my mind the core issue is about community, not about development.

With that in mind, and taking Ross' point below, I think it makes sense to
have it as a stand-alone project.

However, with respect to Jukka's question about development _of_ Ripple,
there is certainly an overlap and integration between Cordova and Ripple
development. Gord and I have talked about how, when a new platform makes
its way into Cordova and has the start of a full implementation, the first
step would be to take the platform's JavaScript implementation and run the
Cordova test suite inside of Ripple (before even going to the platform's
emulator / device). This is already in a way exhibited by Tizen
essentially using Ripple as their simulator in the first place.

So in conclusion: both are viable paths IMO, and we do not get to a
conclusion haha.

What about the idea of introducing Ripple into Cordova for the start, and
then later splitting it out? Seems like then we could kick-start Ripple's
exposure and community/committer interaction by leveraging what Cordova
already has. If that sounds acceptable, then my question would be, at what
point does it make sense to put Ripple into its own top-level project?