From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.x roadmap planning / first pass at api audit
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:27:13 GMT
Things that I see missing are:

- shipping with no "core" APIs/plugins (but that hinges on master cli
script and plugin discovery).
- Getting Andrew Lunny's plugin spec [1] documented / integrated

Things that warrant more discussion:

- what specifically to do about the media API. Highest priority I think
based on # of issues that exist related to it in the JIRA.
- file API path normalization. For sure. Also a "fuller" implementation:
right now, the Entry objects have no association to a FileSystem object.
So if you request a TEMPORARY FS and create an Entry in that FileSystem,
and later do the same using a PERSISTENT FS, you will not be able to tell
the difference between the two (unless you do it manually based on the
probably platform-specific and differing paths each will have).
- notifications API: YES!!! We already have plugins in the wild that we
simply need to normalize the JS interface to the w3c spec

[1] https://github.com/alunny/cordova-plugin-spec