From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [iOS] Postponement of ARC support in 2.0
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:14:38 GMT

>One thing I'd like to add: cadence has nothing to do w/ deprecation
>policy. Shipping on a regular heartbeat is a completely different
>concern from the actual artifacts being shipped.

Well, the two are interconnected. If we ship a point release every month,
and state that we have a deprecation policy of 6 months, that means we can
break an API 6 point releases or so after deciding an API is deprecated.
So these don't necessarily line up with landing breaking changes in major
releases.