From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Wanting to Contribute to iOS Cordova
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 00:08:55 GMT
Welcome Andrew! It is pretty cool to have someone from the Chrome team
show interest in our project.

We keep track of issues here: http://issues.cordova.io/

These are issues slates for 2.0, which we plan to deliver around mid-late
July:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQue
ry=project+%3D+CB+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.0.0%22+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresol
ved+AND+component+%3D+iOS+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Perhaps other good starting points for contribution are the following
specific tickets:

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-382 - this is a native iOS
test. Tests and documentation are usually pretty low-barrier entries in
terms of contribution
- There are a couple issues related to the introduction of the iOS 6 SDK.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-904 ; if that is your cup of tea.
- For more code-oriented, API-specific tickets, these might be a good
start: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-975

I am pretty sure Shazron and Becky, our two main iOS contributors to
Cordova, would be thrilled to have anyone else interested in contributing,
especially via bug fixes. I will defer any specific guidance on
contribution to their wisdom and opinion :)

Here's a web-friendly view of the iOS repo:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-ios.git;a=summa
ry

The git-cloneable repo is at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/incubator-cordova-ios.git

As Simon said, initially our committer community would treat your commits
as one-off patches (which we can generally pull in without an ICLA, but it
is highly recommended [required if you want to become an eventual
committer]). After a couple patches and a demonstration of some activity
on this mailing list, we can kick up a DISCUSS+VOTE thread to get you
voted in as a committer to this project.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers!
Fil