From Filip Maj <>
Subject Re: Wanting to Contribute to iOS Cordova
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 00:08:55 GMT
Welcome Andrew! It is pretty cool to have someone from the Chrome team
show interest in our project.

We keep track of issues here:

These are issues slates for 2.0, which we plan to deliver around mid-late

Perhaps other good starting points for contribution are the following
specific tickets:

- - this is a native iOS
test. Tests and documentation are usually pretty low-barrier entries in
terms of contribution
- There are a couple issues related to the introduction of the iOS 6 SDK. ; if that is your cup of tea.
- For more code-oriented, API-specific tickets, these might be a good

I am pretty sure Shazron and Becky, our two main iOS contributors to
Cordova, would be thrilled to have anyone else interested in contributing,
especially via bug fixes. I will defer any specific guidance on
contribution to their wisdom and opinion :)

Here's a web-friendly view of the iOS repo:;a=summa

The git-cloneable repo is at

As Simon said, initially our committer community would treat your commits
as one-off patches (which we can generally pull in without an ICLA, but it
is highly recommended [required if you want to become an eventual
committer]). After a couple patches and a demonstration of some activity
on this mailing list, we can kick up a DISCUSS+VOTE thread to get you
voted in as a committer to this project.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

On 7/4/12 3:45 PM, "Simon MacDonald" <> wrote:

>Here's a good link on getting started as a contributor.
>As your code submissions get accepted and you build up a standing in
>the community you can be nominated to be a full 'committer' to the
>project. I'd pick up a bug to fix and start a discussion on it on this
>mailing list.
>Simon Mac Donald
>On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Andrew Grieve <>
>> Hello!
>> I'm a member of the Chrome team, and was hoping to start contributing to
>> the iOS Cordova port. Despite working for Google, I have much more iOS
>> development experience than I do Android :P. I also have a pretty good
>> background in mobile web development, although I haven't used
>> PhoneGap/Cordova before.
>> I've signed the ICLA, and was able to fork and run the mobile spec
>> Hello World!
>> Shazron, judging by the number of bugs assigned to you and your
>>activity on
>> the mailing list, I'm guessing you're the main contributor for the iOS
>> port? I realize it's holiday season in the states right now, but would
>> to get a "state of the project" kind of overview from you at some point.
>> E.g. what's left to move towards command line project creation, what's
>> state of moving features into plugins, etc.
>> Looking at the bug list, it looks like all bugs marked as 2.0 have
>> assignees. Should I pick up a bug from this list, or should I just look
>> ones without existing assignees?
>> Andrew

View raw message