From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Plugin Development Guide
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:41:56 GMT
Hello guys,

The plugin development guide exists as issue CB-862 [1] with sub-tasks for
each plugin.

Immediate Goal:

The goal is the walk the user through developing a simple "Hello Cordova"
plugin.

In issue CB-862, I've proposed walking the user through the creation of a
"Cordova Echo" plugin that simply returns the same string that it was
called with. This shows the user the plugin's invoke cycle and condenses it
into an example that uses minimal code.

Source Code:

It would be nice if we can host these plugins somewhere. Thoughts on where?
Platform repo? Labs branch for each plugin? Common labs branch that uses
the plugin specification draft [2]?

Longer-term Goal:

Later on, we can expand this guide into a plugin development section that
is a complete reference for native constants, accepting and returning
various formats (string, number, json, array, etc).

Michael

[2] https://github.com/alunny/cordova-plugin-spec