From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: Standard Sample Application
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 20:42:06 GMT
Ok, it doesn't looks like Infra is too keen on creating another repository
for me.

After chatting on IRC and JIRA, they've referred me to #INFRA-4877 [1],
which is an issue around creating a Web form to generate Git repositories.
I've commented on the issue, trying to clarify a timeframe and emphasize
that we don't want to wait weeks or months. If the Web form is still a ways
off, then I'll continue bumping #INFRA-5078. I'd like to see this created
before 2.1.0.

Michael

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Michael Brooks
<michael@michaelbrooks.ca>wrote:

> Since tagging 2.0.0, all of our platforms are now consuming the "Standard
> Sample Application." Currently, the source for this application is found
> under "incubator-cordova-labs:hello-cordova."
>
> I've now kicked up an Apache Infrastructure JIRA issue to create the
> repository incubator-cordova-app-hello-world [1]. If you have a moment,
> please chim in on the issue so that it can get some love.

> Thanks,
> Michael
>

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Friendly reminder: the code for this sample app should _NOT_ be modified
>> on a per-platform basis. We want this to be a common code base!
>>
>> On 7/18/12 2:33 PM, "Michael Brooks" <michael@michaelbrooks.ca> wrote:
>>
>> >Hey guys,
>> >
>> >If you've been following CB-1061 [1], then you know that I've finished
>> >putting together the sample application. The source is on the
>> >"hello-cordova" branch of "incubator-cordova-labs" [2]. You can also view
>> >web-hosted version on my Github fork [3], but be aware that the
>> web-hosted
>> >version will never fire the `deviceready` event (unless you use the
>> Ripple
>> >emulator).
>> >
>> >While you are testing your platform for the 2.0.0 release, can you also
>> >give the application a quick test? If everything looks good, it would be
>> >nice to see this in the 2.0.0 distribution. I'll create sub-tasks on the
>> >issue tracker with the details needed to grab and use the source.
>> >
>> >[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1061
>> >[2]
>> >
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-labs.git;a=sho
>> >rtlog;h=refs/heads/hello-cordova