From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:06:11 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM,  <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:
> I sometimes see cordova not as a specific platform (or set of APIs) but as a leader
> in the open mobile web.  If we are able to step away from the idea of cordova being
> a singular platform but the bleeding edge of mobile web r & d it makes sense to
> have ripple be a part of that.

A good example of how such a vision is being realized at the ASF is
the Hadoop project that has given birth to a growing ecosystem of
related cloud and big data projects at and around the ASF. Instead of
Hadoop hosting related projects like HBase, Pig, ZooKeeper, etc. as
subprojects under a single PMC, it simply acts as a central focus
point for a larger cluster of projects.

I'd love to see Cordova increasingly position itself as such a focus
point for mobile web projects both within and outside the ASF. One
concrete idea towards such a goal could be to start a general@ mailing
list as a shared forum like the one Hadoop has for discussions that
reach beyond the boundaries of individual projects or codebases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting