From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:25:31 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM,  <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a lot of overlap between the cordova and ripple communities and I was originally
> hoping to foster their community into ours ;)

I guess the main question here is whether Cordova committers will be
working on / looking at Ripple code and vice versa on a regular basis.
If that's the case (i.e. there's significant overlap in actual
development activity), then having the codebases in one project is a
good approach. weinre is a good example of such a case.

If not (for example if separate mailing lists are needed, etc.), then
it's best for both codebases to have their own projects even if
there's overlap on the level of individual committers.

The decision on this doesn't need to be final, as projects can always
split or merge projects later on, but starting with at least a good
approximation of the ultimate or ideal community/project structure
will of course make things much easier.

BR,

Jukka Zitting