From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Lifecycle Utility Methods
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 23:00:25 GMT
Hey

Users have started using the CordovaWebView, and they have discovered
that for the majority of Android plugins, that we have to implement
handling of the Android Lifecycle.  This is a major downside since
most people don't know how the Android Activity Lifecycle works, since
we've been abstracting that in the DroidGap Activity for years.
Here's the docs for more info on that:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Activity.html#ActivityLifecycle

While we expect that people using this component would be somewhat
comfortable with Android, they shouldn't have to be comfortable with
reading DroidGap.java and copypasting things from it, so I created
utility methods and refactored this into CordovaWebView.  Here's my
repo which has the example.

Does this make sense? I'm changing a very important part of the code
here, and I'd like feedback before putting this in.

https://github.com/infil00p/callback-android/tree/utility_method

Joe