From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Shim all the plugins
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:38:25 GMT
So in 1.9.0 with the change brought on by CordovaWebView all of the
plugins are broken. By broken, I mean they won't compile unless you go
in and change the source code. That may not sound like broken to us
but to many of our users who are not familiar with Java that means
they are very, very broken.

In this pull request:

https://github.com/macdonst/cordova-android/commit/0180342dff4ce6e8f63e3d753cb1f1588c43f9f0

I've created a shim so that Plugins that are still using the "ctx"
variable should continue to work unmodified. I've tested it and it is
working with the following plugins:

LowLatencyAudio
LocalNotificaiton
MacAddressPlugin
BarcodeScanner
ChildBrowser
TTS
VideoPlayer
IMEI
SpeechRecognizer
PhoneListener

I think that gives me a pretty good cross section, I just don't have
time to test them all.

My suggestions are:

1) we add this in for 2.0.0 so the existing plugins continue to work.
2) we put in a deprecation notice for "ctx" as it is going away soon
3) we write a detailed set of instructions on how to get your 3rd
party plugin upgraded to work in 2.0.0 without using "ctx".

Please lemme know what you think...

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald