From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 03:00:31 GMT
On 21 July 2012 15:14, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> I am very excited about this!
>
> The cordova suite of projects have never addressed emulation and my go-to
> has always been Ripple.
>
> If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
>
> Mentors (Jukka?): other than setting up a repository, do you foresee any
> issues with moving ahead with this?

The ASF does not encourage sub-projects. I'd like to hear why the
proposal for this to be a subproject of Cordova rather than a podling
in its own right?

I'm also a little concerned about the statement "and the entire
company is focused on our BB10 delivery." This implies that RIM is no
longer interested in actively developing the code. The ASF is not a
place for code-dumps. However, it is entirely possible that I'm
reading too much into that half-sentence, it is also possible that
there is sufficient momentum behind the project to make it a viable
community without RIM.

Ross