From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:21:27 GMT
On 30 July 2012 16:56, Michael Brooks <michael@michaelbrooks.ca> wrote:
> If Ripple was donated as a standalone project, then a shared
> general@mailing-list between Cordova and Ripple would be very nice.

IMHO such lists don't (often) make sense. Jukka made the suggestion
using Hadoop as an example of a consortium of projects. However, there
is (to my knowledge - Jukka will correct me if I'm wrong) no such list
for Hadoop.

What topics would need to be discussed on a general mailing list
between the two projects which could not be adequately carried out on
the more focused project list?

Unless there is a very surprising answer to the above question, the
way I see it the options are...

  - Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova with all development on
cordova-dev (potential for too much non-cordova discussion) - example
lucene and friends

  - Ripple as a new podling with all development on ripple-dev and
cordova-dev (interested cordova and ripple devs cross-subscribe) -
example hadoop and friends

Remember, this is only my opinion based on my observations of what
works in the ASF today - the ASF is a flexible place. Changes to old
approaches can be adopted when good reason to do so is presented.

Ross

OpenDirective http://opendirective.com