From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.x roadmap planning / first pass at api audit
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:28:37 GMT
Paul,

I would expect the navigator.getUserMedia API to be the route for capture.
There is a good writeup here;
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/getusermedia/intro/

WebAudio is really cool, but way more power than what you would need
for simply playing back an audio file.
I think is safe to expect that there will be several sound apis based
on different uses.
iOS has 4+ ways of playing audio, based on the type of access you need
to the buffer, what type of processing you need to do, and so on.

Cheers,
  Jesse

--
@purplecabbage