From Dan Silivestru <dan.silives...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:07:10 GMT
Hi,

Great to hear. I think we are leaning towards a TLP based on the
conversations here and the potential non-Cordova associations we've been
seeing.

We will review the list of sponsors and see if there's anyone we know
directly that can help us.

Thanks for all of the feedback here, feels like we're well underway :-)

Dan.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, July 31, 2012, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> > On 30 July 2012 22:18, Gord Tanner <gord@tinyhippos.com <javascript:;>>
> > wrote:
> > >  Our main goal for Ripple being in the ASF is to try to build community
> > > around it and get the cordova / mobile web app developer bases behind
> it
> > > and able to contribute to it without the "This belongs to RIM" mindset
> we
> > > are getting now.
> >
> > That's a very good start ;-)
>

> +1
>
> The broader community goal is best served by being a separate podling.
> > The narrower Cordova goal might be better served by being a
> > sub-project and, as Jukka said, you can always spin-out of Cordova as
> > a TLP later.
>

> Or vice versa, if Ripple on its own doesn't end up attracting a community
> beyond that of Cordova, it's also possible to "spin-in" later to a Cordova
> subproject.
>
> Based on the discussion so far it sounds like Ripple has the makings of a
> great Apache project also on its own, especially with co-operation and some
> committer overlap with Cordova.
>

> > > This may be getting off topic now for the cordova mailing lists so who
> > do I
> > > talk to from ASF to start setting up the donation of Ripple?
> >
> > First off you need a Champion. Their role is to help guide you through
> > the proposal process which is described at [1]. The role of champion
> > is defined at [2]
>

> You'll also need some Apache mentors to help once you get started. I'd be
> happy to volunteer.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting
>

> > > Gord