From Brion Vibber <br...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Problems with input text boxes in 1.9.0 Android
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 20:33:53 GMT
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Simon MacDonald
<simon.macdonald@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Joe,
>
> This is probably something you'd be best to look at since I don't have an
> ICS device. I've seen a number of folks on the mailing list mentioning that
> you can't enter data into a text box in 1.9.0 but it works okay in 1.8.1.
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/phonegap/TNuW_Aq-rM0/discussion
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/phonegap/_P_jDq8GbLU/discussion

I've seen this with 1.9.0 on one of our apps as well; like some in that
thread we too are using "-webkit-user-modify: read-write-plaintext-only;"
on input fields.

I also though have an odd failure under 1.8.1 where "9" and "(" can't be
typed, but everything else works. Also only under ICS.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com / bvibber @ wikimedia.org)