From Gord Tanner <gtan...@gmail.com>
Subject DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 23:20:45 GMT
RIM has done a lot of work in Ripple to support the Cordova (PhoneGap)
platform, now having almost full support for all of the platform APIs.

We(RIM) believes that the natural home for Ripple is in the Apache Software
Foundation as a sub-project of Cordova and we want to contribute Ripple to
the ASF. However, this is the first time we are doing something like this
and the entire company is focused on our BB10 delivery.

We have been working very closely with the former Nitobi guys and will also
work closely with the Cordova community. We hope to have the support needed
in this community to help us find the best way to make this happen.

If you are wondering what ripple is you can see the code here:
https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI