From Gord Tanner <g...@tinyhippos.com>
Subject Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 21:18:05 GMT
What are the community requirements for ASF?

Ripple right now has a rather small community behind it (3 people core at
RIM) and a few forks out in the wild that haven't been merged back in yet.
 Our main goal for Ripple being in the ASF is to try to build community
around it and get the cordova / mobile web app developer bases behind it
and able to contribute to it without the "This belongs to RIM" mindset we
are getting now.

I see so many similarities between Ripple and Winre, both have nothing to
do with Cordova proper but the development communities are intimately tied
together.

I don't see the topics cross-cutting as much, but in order to properly keep
up on development of ripple one has to follow the cordova mailing list
closely.  Basically no message in the cordova mailing list is irrelevant to
the development of Ripple but some discussion of Ripple will not apply to
Cordova.

With that being said I think a separate project and mailing list with a
hidden requirement of following the cordova-dev mailing list would be the
best solution.  Any cross cutting topics could be brought up in
the appropriate mailing lists.

This may be getting off topic now for the cordova mailing lists so who do I
talk to from ASF to start setting up the donation of Ripple?

Gord

Gord Tanner
Senior Developer / Code Poet
tinyHippos Inc.