From Shazron <>
Subject Re: [iOS] Removing the installer
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:11:51 GMT
Great job Fil! Unfortunately we still need the Getting Started with
iOS guide, because of the change in expectation of how things work,
and my experience with 2.0.0 iOS and devs needing some pointers.

1. We will not install to $(HOME)/Documents/CordovaLib anymore, where
the user extracts the source, that will be the location of CordovaLib
after they run "make"
2. They will need to know that they need to run "make" (maybe we
should have a simple instead that can simply call make?
since we are not really making anything anymore I don't think)

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Filip Maj <> wrote:
> Reference branch:
> log;h=refs/heads/1091
> I've removed the installer and all of its dependencies from iOS. Would
> love to have others take a look. This decouples us even further away from
> the old Xcode templates. Also lines us up more with Apache's "ship only
> source" policy. Finally: no longer need to install the library. You do,
> however, need to run "make" after cloning the repo; this will set various
> Xcode variables to point to the location of your cloned CordovaLib. Should
> fix a few issues we've been having with the CLI tools as well.
> Changes include:
> - no more wkhtml, markdown, brew, and packagemaker as dependencies
> - requirement to run "make" after cloning
> Very likely in need of a once-over of all the documentation, esp. the
> getting started guides. Actually, do we even need the Getting Started with
> Xcode guide anymore after this?
> Would love to hear from others on this topic.
> Cheers,
> Fil

View raw message