From Dave Johnson <dave.c.john...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: config.xml - CB-888
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 06:13:58 GMT
The same is for android in that there are elements in the android
manifest that need to be there and will be duplicates of what's in a
config.xml (e.g. feature elements to permissions on android) so I
think the first thing we need is to just have a cordova.xml file on
all platforms that has the specifics for that platform that are needed
at runtime (e.g. to lookup a plugin mapping or whatever). That file
could be written easily by a developer building an app for a single
platform. Then the config.xml would be layered on top of that and we
would map out certain elements in the config.xml to both the
cordova.xml file on each platform (e.g. for plugins) as well as to the
platform specific config file (e.g. the app name or description).

That make any sense?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool!
>
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>> iOS can switch completely for all settings in Cordova.plist. It's the
>> stuff in the Info.plist (tied to the app, and read by the .app) that
>> needs to be there, like orientations, icons, bundle name etc.
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> +1 transition period
>>> +1 using build config.xml as a reference point.
>>>
>>> Does iOS need to have both or can it eventually switch completely to
>>> config.xml ?

Off