From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update on iOS ARC conversion
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 21:18:47 GMT
I've merged in all of the latest iOS commits into my branch.  I updated my
commits to remove the commented out code.  Fixed some ARC-conversion memory
crashes in Contacts (the bridging to core foundation classes can be
tedious).  All of the mobile-spec tests run on the iPhone Simulator and my
iPhone 4S.  I also ran my own set of tests.

I'd love to check this in before there are more commits to trunk that I
have to merge.  It would be great if someone could pull down this code and
do a make and create a new project to validate my testing.  I am still
running Lion and xcode 4.3.2.

What type of document do we need to explain this?  I guess it is just a
matter of telling people how to add compile flags to individual plugin
files if they want to use non-ARC code with the ARC enabled Cordova code
and *.xcodeproj files.   Does this go in the plugin upgrade guide?

thanks,
-becky