From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Cordova 1.9.0 release vote
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:13:27 GMT
> Instead of using a script to produce the source archive, why don't we
> simply "git archive" the relevant tags of each cordova repository,
> sign and checksum them, and release the results?

the main reason is developer ergonomics; the repos are setup to work
on cordova... but not to build project using cordova

I think longer term we want to see coho expand to more general purpose
building, and cordova itself to becoming nothing more than the
bridging technology. (Builds then become composed of plugins the end
developer chooses.)