From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Update on iOS Plugin ARC conversion
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:59:08 GMT
I think the repo structure will be a bit different but the spirit is
correct. (Fil/Anis can comment / they are working on the
install/discovery stuff.)

Don't worry about plugins in the legacy repo too much. The new stuff
won't be baked this month for sure. September however I think we
should have demo-ware rocking.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Keep in mind Randy that the phonegap-plugins repo will likely be completely
> disassembled.
> Essentially every plugin should become it's own repo, ( some may be grouped
> based on contributor, or some other commonality )
>
> Example repo structure :
>
> BarcodeScanner/
>
> Android
> + Scanner.java
> iOS
> + Scanner.m/.h
> BarcodeScanner.js
> config.xml
>

> Essentially what we have now is inside out, or device specific when it
> should be plugin specific.
> In the meantime, it may even make sense to keep the iOS ARC/nonArc items
> side by side
>

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Randy McMillan <
> randy.lee.mcmillan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins/issues/570
>>
>> I'd like to avoid mixing the /iOS repo with non ARC and ARC versions.
>> It would be great to do all the ARC conversions on the
>>
>> https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins/tree/iOS-ARC-Conversion
>>
>> branch
>>
>> Then at a later date the ARC versions can be merged back into master all
>> at once after a final notice is issued and testing has been done. Adding
>> the -fno-objc-arc
>>  compiler flags in the interim will be much easier to explain/support.
>> Also using the iOS-ARC-Conversion branch will "hide" the ARC versions from
>> less experienced users minimizing confusion.
>>
>>  (:
>>
>> -RM
>>

>> On Jul 31, 2012, at 5:34 PM, Shazron wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks Becky,
>> > I'll take a look later today or tomorrow morning. Ideally I want the
>> > plugin upgrade guide in the main docs repo, but until then we should
>> > put it in the Plugin Upgrade Guide with a note in the Upgrading Guide
>> > to check it out.

>> my
>> memory
>> my