From Andrew Grieve <agri...@google.com>
Subject Re: [iOS] Postponement of ARC support in 2.0
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:58:41 GMT
I haven't had much experience with ARC, but all of the documentation I've
seen says that it is straightforward and safe to mix ARC and non-ARC code.
This means that we could switch to ARC and *not* require plugins to switch
at the same time, or that plugins can use ARC while the main codebase does
not.

Since in pre-5.0 zeroing weak refs are not supported, I also think it would
be easier to wait until we're fine dropping support for 4.2 devices before
switching the main code-base over (as Becky suggested).

btw - I've got my pgday ticket! Looking forward to meeting all of you in
person :).

Andrew