From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: FileTransfer vs XHR2 - Should we keep improving FileTransfer?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:47:15 GMT
I think continuing to extend FileTransfer is a step towards XHR2 anyways.
Ideally, we could write an XHR2 implementation that uses FileTransfer
under-the-hood.

According to http://caniuse.com/, XHR2 already exists in Android ICS and
iOS 5. To what extent and with what quirks I'm not sure though. Probably
step 1 is to write mobile-spec tests.

If we do end up trying to add an XHR impl to older browsers, it's probably
easiest to use FileTransfer in the implementation anyways, so I think
adding features is great.