From Andrew Grieve <agri...@google.com>
Subject Re: Integrating pull-requests
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 20:12:28 GMT
I'd like wiki page to spell this out. Can someone have a look at the
following and tell me if it's correct? Any guidance on when to merge vs.
cherrypick? Do we ever want to use --squash?

One-time setup:
git remote add apache git://git.apache.org/incubator-cordova-ios.git

Review the change:
- View the user's branch in github and request changes be made (if
applicable) by adding comments in the web interface
- Ensure that commit descriptions are accurate and that they reference any
related JIRA bugs.

git remote add foo git://github.com/user/incubator-cordova-ios.git
git fetch foo
git checkout master
git pull apache master
git merge --ff-only foo/branch_name
// If this fails, then ask committer to pull, rebase & push. Unless... is
there a way to resolve this if the merge is simple???
git push apache master
git remote rm foo

Update related JIRA issue with the commit ID and close it if appropriate.
Respond to pull request on github with link to their commit and ask them to
close pull request.