From Laurent Hasson <lhas...@rim.com>
Subject RE: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:15:59 GMT
Paul,

Do you know if there is any intention for Tizen to support Cordova APIs? This is very interesting,
and I suppose there might also be interest for FirefoxOS APIs?

This would certainly put a new spin on Ripple and may go along Ross' initial comment about
Ripple maybe being not just about Cordova. This has been my (limited) thinking so far, but
there is certainly a great deal of opportunities if that type of extension makes sense.

Thank You
- LDH (Laurent Hasson)                         -
- Technical Director, BlackBerry Web Platform  -
- Research In Motion                           -
- Email: lhasson@rim.com                       -
- Mobile: 646-460-7066                         -
- Twitter: @ldhasson                           -
"Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government"
- Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Plaquette [mailto:paul.plaquette@intel.com]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 5:26 AM
To: callback-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova

hi ,

the Ripple source code is also the base for the tizen web simulator that
is integrated in the tizen sdk [1]

tizen web simulator is also available to open source community [2] on
intel 01.org [3] web site.

currently the idea is to add tizen web apis: specific tizen api, but
also all standard apis that tizen is going to have from several sources
(W3C, Khronos group etc...) - tizen documentation describes all this in
details [4]

may be something could be combined in adding cordova support in ripple?

Paul

[1] https://www.tizen.org/
[2] https://01.org/web-simulator/about
[3] https://01.org/
[4] https://developer.tizen.org/documentation

--
Paul Plaquette
Senior Software Engineer

On 07/22/2012 12:14 AM, Filip Maj wrote:
> I am very excited about this!
>
> The cordova suite of projects have never addressed emulation and my go-to
> has always been Ripple.
>
> If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
>
> Mentors (Jukka?): other than setting up a repository, do you foresee any
> issues with moving ahead with this? At the minimum I understand an audit
> of the code and decoupling existing code from RIM-specific stuff is a
> necessity, as well as a license audit (RAT tool), but, any other issues
> you foresee or any recommendations/guidance on moving this forward that
> our community could help with?
>
> On 7/20/12 4:20 PM, "Gord Tanner" <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> RIM has done a lot of work in Ripple to support the Cordova (PhoneGap)
>> platform, now having almost full support for all of the platform APIs.
>>
>> We(RIM) believes that the natural home for Ripple is in the Apache
>> Software
>> Foundation as a sub-project of Cordova and we want to contribute Ripple to
>> the ASF. However, this is the first time we are doing something like this
>> and the entire company is focused on our BB10 delivery.
>>
>> We have been working very closely with the former Nitobi guys and will
>> also
>> work closely with the Cordova community. We hope to have the support
>> needed
>> in this community to help us find the best way to make this happen.
>>
>> If you are wondering what ripple is you can see the code here:
>> https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

and may be unlawful.