From Laurent Hasson <lhas...@rim.com>
Subject RE: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 17:02:36 GMT
Ross,

I had suggested that because of my prior involvement many years ago with the Lucene project
and its sub-project structure including Solr. This was many years ago, so if this is an obsolete
structure, I am fine. The reason for the thinking though was simply that Ripple would have
a strong "Cordova" support in terms of API emulation and relate closely to that project. We
can of course discuss this in the community to figure out the best option. Any reason why
sub-projects are frowned upon?

As for the statement "the entire company is focused on our BB10 delivery", it was meant only
to highlight that moving Ripple to Apache may take a bit longer to do as a result, not that
there was any less commitment to Ripple from our site. Quite the contrary.

Thank You
- LDH (Laurent Hasson)                         -
- Technical Director, BlackBerry Web Platform  -
- Research In Motion                           -
- Email: lhasson@rim.com                       -
- Mobile: 646-460-7066                         -
- Twitter: @ldhasson                           -
"Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government"
- Dennis