From Olivier Louvignes <oliv...@mg-crea.com>
Subject Should I implement support for AddressBook sources on iOS?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 01:43:13 GMT

Dear CDV team,

I've been working with AddressBook sources tonight after discovering some strange errors when
updating a contact bound to a Microsoft Exchange source. I can't really explain why it fails
for now.

I'm willing to commit some time to implement source retrieval & selection to fix my needs
(& help others). However i would need to know :

Are you interested by such feature?
How would it fit with the W3C Contact standard you use?

-> It would require :

to add a new js interface (instance method) to list allSources & the default source.
to add several new findOptions (source:id, pickBestLocalSource:boolean).
to add an option for contact saving/updating to be able to create it on a specific source.

It would also be great to add both a sourceId & sourceType property on each deviceContact,
in order to know where a contact come from.

I've built a few PGPlugins in the past, & I've already done most of the work, I just need
your approval & eventual guidelines .

PS : I've posted an improvement ticket on JIRA : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1027
PS2 : Did sign the CLA, just need to know where to send it (from France!).
--
Olivier Louvignes
Envoyé avec Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)