From gtan...@gmail.com
Subject Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:41:34 GMT
We kind of feel that ripple fits nicely into cordova like winre and the mobile-spec, thus our
desire to have it as a sub project.  Also the development effort between the two projects
is very tightly integrated (emulation vrs implementation)

This isn't a dead project, what we were meaning is we want to get this moved into apache but
we are too busy coding it to have time to figure it out :P

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 20:00:31
To: <callback-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova

On 21 July 2012 15:14, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> I am very excited about this!
>
> The cordova suite of projects have never addressed emulation and my go-to
> has always been Ripple.
>
> If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
>
> Mentors (Jukka?): other than setting up a repository, do you foresee any
> issues with moving ahead with this?

The ASF does not encourage sub-projects. I'd like to hear why the
proposal for this to be a subproject of Cordova rather than a podling
in its own right?

I'm also a little concerned about the statement "and the entire
company is focused on our BB10 delivery." This implies that RIM is no
longer interested in actively developing the code. The ASF is not a
place for code-dumps. However, it is entirely possible that I'm
reading too much into that half-sentence, it is also possible that
there is sufficient momentum behind the project to make it a viable
community without RIM.

Ross