From Paul Plaquette <paul.plaque...@linux.intel.com>
Subject Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:57:28 GMT
Hi Laurent,

We are indeed adding tizen to Codorva.
We are on the path to have it in apache repositories (it is a matter of
being in sync with our running work, cordova running work etc...)

Whatever Cordova  APIs are directly integrated in Tizen SDK  in some
ways or not  won't change our involvement to port cordova on tizen, and
to make tizen a complete target for Cordova.

Supporting Firefox OS is probably something to do.

Moreover tizen SDK is using a Ripple Based  simulator, we called it
Tizen web simulator.

Considering this having Ripple  as a full Apache Foudation Project
seems to be the right thing to do.

Cordially,
Paul

On 07/25/2012 03:15 AM, Laurent Hasson wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Do you know if there is any intention for Tizen to support Cordova APIs? This is very
interesting, and I suppose there might also be interest for FirefoxOS APIs?

> This would certainly put a new spin on Ripple and may go along Ross' initial comment
about Ripple maybe being not just about Cordova. This has been my (limited) thinking so far,
but there is certainly a great deal of opportunities if that type of extension makes sense.

--
Paul Plaquette
Senior Software Engineer