From Paul Plaquette <paul.plaque...@intel.com>
Subject Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:26:24 GMT
hi ,

the Ripple source code is also the base for the tizen web simulator that
is integrated in the tizen sdk [1]

tizen web simulator is also available to open source community [2] on
intel 01.org [3] web site.

currently the idea is to add tizen web apis: specific tizen api, but
also all standard apis that tizen is going to have from several sources
(W3C, Khronos group etc...) - tizen documentation describes all this in
details [4]

may be something could be combined in adding cordova support in ripple?

Paul

[1] https://www.tizen.org/
[2] https://01.org/web-simulator/about
[3] https://01.org/
[4] https://developer.tizen.org/documentation

--
Paul Plaquette
Senior Software Engineer

On 07/22/2012 12:14 AM, Filip Maj wrote:
> I am very excited about this!
>
> The cordova suite of projects have never addressed emulation and my go-to
> has always been Ripple.
>
> If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
>
> Mentors (Jukka?): other than setting up a repository, do you foresee any
> issues with moving ahead with this? At the minimum I understand an audit
> of the code and decoupling existing code from RIM-specific stuff is a
> necessity, as well as a license audit (RAT tool), but, any other issues
> you foresee or any recommendations/guidance on moving this forward that
> our community could help with?
>
> On 7/20/12 4:20 PM, "Gord Tanner" <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> RIM has done a lot of work in Ripple to support the Cordova (PhoneGap)
>> platform, now having almost full support for all of the platform APIs.
>>
>> We(RIM) believes that the natural home for Ripple is in the Apache
>> Software
>> Foundation as a sub-project of Cordova and we want to contribute Ripple to
>> the ASF. However, this is the first time we are doing something like this
>> and the entire company is focused on our BB10 delivery.
>>
>> We have been working very closely with the former Nitobi guys and will
>> also
>> work closely with the Cordova community. We hope to have the support
>> needed
>> in this community to help us find the best way to make this happen.
>>
>> If you are wondering what ripple is you can see the code here:
>> https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros