From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Plugin Format and Spec
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:28:39 GMT
Looks great. I'll add some detail to the list you have here. I'd recommend
tweaking the order a little bit; introducing the JS before the native APIs.

# Plugin Author Guide

- plugin package format -> points to Andrew's plugin spec
- js api
--- basically documenting exec(). Service, action, callbacks, arguments.
What about how arguments are translated from JS types (string, number,
objects, etc) to native types for each platform?

- native api
--- ios
--- android
--- blackberry
--- windowsphone
--- bada

On 6/25/12 11:16 AM, "Brian LeRoux" <b@brian.io> wrote:

>Biggest question is how to document. My thinking is that we want to
>specify the PluginPackage so that PluginInstall works. So the docs
>would read like this:
>
># Plugin Author Guide
>
>- plugin package format
>- native api
>--- ios
>--- android
>--- blackberry
>--- windowsphone
>--- bada
>- js api
>
>Thoughts? (If this looks good I will update the issue.)
>

>On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Hah Michael and I were just talking about that..
>>
>> I will send a pull request to Andrew's draft spec
>>
>> On 6/25/12 10:46 AM, "Brian LeRoux" <b@brian.io> wrote:
>>
>>>npm does this w/ an 'engines' attribute on package.json

Tooling