From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Android] MediaScanner branch
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:43:00 GMT
So I've pushed further updates to the media scanner branch.

Works on both ICS and Gingerbread. Two issues though:

- pictures NOT saved to the photo album can't have the exif headers
re-written to them. For some reason the Android exif helper can't get a
reference to the file (which is in the app jail).
- pictures NOT saved to the photo album leave a empty (blank) image in the
gallery. WtfŠ

I tried your approach too, Simon, both report back that it failed to
delete the image. That said, the image in the gallery is blank..

So, I'm not sure. Is this good enough? In terms of a _visible_ image in
the gallery, we can now control whether an image is shown in the gallery
or not. The blank/empty image in the gallery is really weird though.

Definitely would like input on this from the group before/if I merge it in.