From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject [Android] MediaScanner branch
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:32:15 GMT
Just an FYI for the Android folks on the list.

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-android.git;a=s
hortlog;h=refs/heads/mediascanner

I pushed this branch up to the repo as I am working on the
"saveToPhotoAlbum" option for the camera API. Allows the user to specify
if pictures taken should show up in the Gallery application on the phone.

Some phones (Galaxy Nexus, my theory is in general ICS phones) don't show
taken pictures in the Gallery immediately after taking them, if the
picture is saved to external memory. If you reboot the device or
mount/unmount the SD card, it shows up.

The above branch manually triggers Android's MediaScanner service so that
it shows up in the Gallery immediately.

Next I will work on _hiding_ taken pictures from the Gallery.