From Filip Maj <>
Subject Re: config.xml all the things
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:22:56 GMT
Config.xml introduces redundancy in terms of specifying app metadata in
some cases. How are we going to consolidate the two places where some app
info can be specified?

Specifically, I am thinking of app name: you can use either the create
script to specify the app name, and now presumably also specify it via
config.xml. I can see the create script writing out a config.xml with the
specified name. What about later on (say you want to change the app name
in an already-generated project)? Are we going to provide tooling that
will look inside the config.xml and update the relevant native bits?

On 6/11/12 4:50 PM, "Brian LeRoux" <> wrote:

>We have a proliferation of manifest-like files that are, mostly, XML.
>- [APP_NAME]-Info.plist
>- Cordova.plist
>- plugins.xml
>- cordova.xml
>- config.xml <---yay
>- plugins.xml <---wait, wat
>- ?
>- config.xml <--- yay
>* * *
>I created a parent issue [1] to resolve these into the W3C Widget
>Specification config.xml [2]. I think the best way would be to keep
>the existing files but add support for the config.xml file (which
>compiles into the other files). There is prior-art in the form of
>PhoneGap/Build [3].
>This will have the added benefit of bringing more of the small
>inconsistencies to light (such as the plugin load issue recently
>discussed that uncovered this one)!

View raw message