From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: release 1.8.1
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 21:38:05 GMT
The thing is that the downstream distribution of cordova (phonegap) gets
*a lot* of exposure/downloads via a single archive containing all platform
implementations.

Tagging a 1.8.1 or 1.8.0.1 on a single platform and blogging about it
would probably work for the (small) user base that is involved on the
issue tracker+mailing list, and is comfortable with git, etc. However for
the vast majority of users these are all "hoops" they have to go through
and, in light of a latest point release crashing for them already,
probably would just add to their frustration.

If we want to be up front and honest about the issue and how to fix it, as
well as provide as simple a solution to people who may have fallen into
the issue in the first place, I am of the opinion we should tag 1.8.1
across the board, blog about it _AND_ host up another dist.

Would love to hear what non-Adobe folks have to say about this.