From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject FileTransfer header support and options
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:54:26 GMT
Hey all,

There's an issue for adding HTTP header support for the download method in
Android [1]. There is another one for doing the same on iOS, but am not
sure for which method this is [2]. Finally, there's a parent task for
adding support in Android for headers during upload [3], but it is
resolved and I am not sure that this is the case.

I want to take a step back for a second. For our own homegrown
FileTransfer API, we have upload and download methods, but we only provide
FileUploadOptions for the upload method. It looks like the patchy header
support in upload is not documented. Would it make sense to provide a
generic "FileTransferOptions" that encapsulates options for both upload
and download? Or even a different take, there was mention of trying to go
the XHR2 route, so perhaps transforming FileTransfer to an XHR2 polyfill
makes more sense.

Discuss!