From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Apache Cordova: inquiry about graduation status and timeline
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 00:31:36 GMT
Apache RAT audit complete. Hurray!

I've gone through incubation graduation checklist (my comments inline)
below. I think we are good! Final step is to create a test release
snapshot and make sure it adheres to the release checklist you provided,
Jukka. I will be working on this today and tomorrow. Will follow up in
this thread once I have something more to show on that have something you
can glance over, Jukka.

* Legal
  * All code ASL'ed
  * The code base must contain only ASL or ASL-compatible dependencies
  * License grant complete
  * CLAs on file.
  * Check of project name for trademark issues

Yep, I think we're good on legal now that the RAT audit is done.

* Meritocracy / Community
  * Demonstrate an active and diverse development community

Contributors come from companies such as IBM, Adobe, RIM, Microsoft and
Nokia, plus a bunch of independent contributors, so diversity: yes!

  * The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor (there
are at least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single
company or entity that is vital to the success of the project)

Any single contributor (or even company, for that matter) were to abandon
the project, it would very likely still be able to go on and survive and
continue growing.

  * The above implies that new committers are admitted according to ASF
practices
  * ASF style voting has been adopted and is standard practice

I think we are now comfortable with the voting process (discuss + vote on
the private mailing list, forward results if successful to (I)PMC).

  * Demonstrate ability to tolerate and resolve conflict within the
community.

I think so. Example would be the recent "browser invocation" discussion
that was had [1] recently.

  * Release plans are developed and excuted in public by the community.

The roadmap on the wiki [2] is the go-to place for this for our project.

  * Engagement by the incubated community with the other ASF communities,
particularly infrastructure@ (this reflects my personal bias that projects
should pay an nfrastructure "tax").

Oooo.. yeah. Probably not as good as it should be. I am on the infra and
infra-dev lists, but other than engaging in discussion here and there
(particularly related to opinions about git) I am not further involved. As
a project community we definitely should put more effort into this (we
take a lot, we should give back too).

  * Incubator PMC has voted for graduation
  * Destination PMC, or ASF Board for a TLP, has voted for final acceptance

I dunno heh.

* Alignment / Synergy
  * Use of other ASF subprojects
  * Develop synergistic relationship with other ASF sub projects

CouchDB + Cordova is a good combo :D

Although I wonder if our preference for git implicitly docks us marks in
the eyes of the SVN folk ;)

* Infrastructure
  * SVN module has been created
  * Mailing list(s) have been created
  * Mailing lists are being archived
  * Issue tracker has been created
  * Project website has been created and complies with the Apache Project
Branding Requirements
  * Project ready to comply with ASF mirroring guidelines

Yep, yes, yeah, ya, yelpers, yup, mhmm.

  * Project is integrated with GUMP if appropriate

I.. Dunno.

  * Releases are PGP signed by a member of the community

I believe our coho release tool does this but I will verify shortly!

  * Developers tied into ASF PGP web of trust

Huh?

[1]
http://apache.markmail.org/search/?q=callback-dev+list%3Aorg.apache.incubat
or.callback-dev+_blank#query:callback-dev%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.cal
lback-dev%20_blank+page:1+mid:cjfx24irv62iyj4t+state:results
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/RoadmapProjects