From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Release date for 1.8?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 17:36:29 GMT
For the iOS-specific constants, just tack them onto the common constants -
not that much overhead.

I'm looking over the rest of the issues remaining for 1.8. A bunch we can
punt to 1.9, specifically the "implement pluginstall" tasks, as well as
finishing up the command line tooling / script tasks. Others that I think
we should solve are:

CB-827, some files missing from WP7 (set as Blocker)
CB-639, finish up Apache license audit / go through the checklist (I can
do this this week)

Two sets of tasks that I would like to know if we should punt or whatnot:

CB-597 + CB-563, support for File API + deviceorientation on Bada. I am of
the opinion that we shouldn't even bother supporting deviceorientation
since this is not a documented phonegap API. File API is important but at
this point probably worth booting to 1.9.

CB-179, a parent task, has two sub-tasks related to lining up webOS with
cordova-js. With Herm working on WP7 now we don't even have anyone
actively working with webOS. Should we start thinking about removing
support for webOS? Is it still a viable platform?

Other than that I think tagging 1.8 this week should be done ASAP.